Lately, I’ve observed that I obtain immense happiness when I convince someone to read a particular book. I’m proud of converting quite a few non-readers to readers.
Do you want to know why do I recommend books to non-readers? Before going there, let me talk about some of the positive points I noticed around books in the past few months.
Lockdown has caged us into our homes with less or no access to luxuries like restaurants, malls, or cinema halls. I’m glad to see many of you turning to books amid the lockdown to keep yourself sane.
Though Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar are your go-to sources for visual entertainment, I see many of you moving towards books for good reasons. As the bookstores too were hit due to the pandemic, e-books sales have seen an astounding spike throughout the lockdown period. Click here to know how to read e-books on your mobile phone.
If you’ve still not picked a book despite the ample free time at your disposal, this blog is for you. After reading this you may read a book and share this blog with your friends to experience the same happiness.
Here are seven reasons why I recommend books to non-readers ( if you are one ) :
1. To have a one-to-one discussion on the story.
2. Fall in love with the characters all over again.
3. Relive the story and see the same happiness and shine in the new reader’s eyes.
4. Travel down the memory lane and rediscover the same joy all over again.
5. Get a chance to know a new perception of the same book.
6. Share a little about the author of the book with immense pride in heart.
7. Convert a non-reader into an avid reader, feel happy about the same and sleep peacefully for the night.
I do all of the above and feel content after achieving my ultimate goal, i.e. to convert a non-reader into a reader.
If you aren’t a reader but at the back of your mind you’ve always wanted to pick a book (an easy one for starters ) I’d recommend you my new book – Monday Mornings Done Right.
This book is receiving lots of love on the Internet and you can also read the reviews on Amazon.
Give it a try! I promise you won’t regret picking this one.
Now that you’ve read this blog and the seven points, you know you can reach out to me anytime to discuss BOOKS. I’ll just be a comment or an email away.
Looking forward to reading your views on books and reading.
See you tomorrow with an interesting blog.